First, make sure you have the Toggl Chrome extension.
Second, make sure you enable time tracking in your Spaces where you want to track time. Note that an admin must do this.
Now, when you go back to a ClickUp task, you should see the Toggl button visible in task view.
Simply click this button to start (or stop) tracking time in Toggl.
If you do not see the Toggl button above, that means you need to give Toggl approval to access ClickUp. To do this:
- Click the Toggl button on your Chrome extension
- Click the Settings gear icon
- Search clickup.com in URL permissions, and check the box next to clickup.com
- Click Allow
Sync Toggl with ClickUp
The awesome thing about the ClickUp + Toggl integration is ClickUp can actually automatically sync time tracked in Toggl with tasks inside of ClickUp.
You heard me right!
Not only can you start/stop time tracking without leaving ClickUp, but you also can associate time tracked with ClickUp tasks automatically. And we're adding time tracking reporting as we speak.
How to enable syncing with Toggl:
- Go to
- Click the
- Go to your Toggl profile: https://toggl.com/app/profile
- Copy the token from the
- Paste the token into ClickUp