Okay to start this off - I'm not even going to pretend like this is simple. I mean it is JIRA, right?
Instead of a normal one-click authorization, of course JIRA makes this process ridiculously complicated.
But hang in there - I promise it'll be worth being able to use ClickUp instead of being stuck in 1999.
Here we go, we're in this together!
Start Import in ClickUp
1. Go to
3. Click the
Create Application Link in JIRA
Here's where it gets really user friendly - as I'm sure you're used to with JIRA..
*if this JIRA UI looks dated to you, please see our newest import doc here
1. In JIRA, go to
Application links in the left sidebar
3. Paste the URL
https://clickup.com/jira and click
Create new link
4. In the popup, check the box for
Use this URL and click
5. Enter application name
ClickUp and click
6. Paste your JIRA URL into the ClickUp field and press
Setup Application Link to Import into ClickUp
1. Click the
edit icon to edit the application link you just created
2. Click the
Incoming Authentication tab in the left side
clickupclient into the
Consumer Key field
ClickUp into the
Consumer Name field
5. Scroll down, and paste your key (from ClickUp) into the
Public Key field
Save then click
Structuring your ClickUp import (EASY PART)
You made it! It's all downhill from here, my friend.
Step 1: Import Projects
On the left-side of the screen, you'll see all of your JIRA projects.
On the right-side, you choose what to do with the JIRA projects from the left. You have the following options:
- Import into existing space (import the project into a Space you already created)
- Import into new space (import the project into a brand new Space)
- Don't import project
What happens to my custom workflow statuses?
When you import JIRA projects, we'll automatically import your statuses as well.
Step 2: Import Users
On the left-side, you'll see all the users from your JIRA import.
On the right-side, you have options for what to do with these users.
- Select a user: use this when the JIRA user is already on your team
- Invite user by email: use this if the JIRA user isn't currently on your team
- Don't import user
If I don't import users, can I do it later?
Not really. Of course you can always add users later, but they won't be mapped to your JIRA import. That means, their previous comments and assigned tasks won't be associated with their new account. This is why we highly recommend mapping all users that are going to be using ClickUp.
Step 3: Options
- Include attachments: If you're on the Free Forever plan, you might not want to import attachments because of the storage cap.. otherwise, DO IT!
- Include closed tasks: Some people want to leave the blackholes behind. Others don't want the anxiety of not knowing if they lost something. It's your call!
- Separate JIRA issue types into separate ClickUp lists: JIRA can have types of tasks (ie. Bugs, Tasks, New features, etc) - with this option enabled, we'll separate these tasks into different ClickUp lists.
WOOHOO! If you're still with me, I personally congratulate you. I mean I had to do this too just to write this damn doc.
The good news is you'll never have to do that again.
Welcome to ClickUp.