The ClickUp hierarchy is at the heart of the platform.
It provides an organized way of breaking down your work into easily managed portions for your whole team to collaborate on.
This article will go over the levels you'll find working in ClickUp.
- Teams are the top level of our hierarchy and represent everyone within an organization. Teams host multiple Spaces. This lets a company assign Spaces to certain members of the team and eliminate bulkiness within a specific Space.
- Spaces are the second level of our hierarchy and are where you'll find our most interesting customizations. Each Space has its own, which admins can pick and choose as they see fit.
- Below these Spaces are Projects. These are folders acting as a way to group and organize Lists of your tasks within a Space. Read more about Projects.
- Lists organize your tasks further into folders such as timeframes (sprints), locations (geographic), or really anything that helps you stay organized.
- This brings us to tasks which are at the bottom of the hierarchy, yet the most important part of ClickUp. Tasks inherit traits from Spaces, and again, are organized within a specific List. Tasks also can contain subtasks and assigned comments.